What we are trying to do?
We support young people from Feltham to make well-informed decisions about their post-16 options, to enable them to enjoy a life of choice and opportunity beyond school. We believe every 16-21 year old living in Feltham has a right to access quality education, employment or training.
How we are doing this?
Our work is focused on:
- Increasing parental understanding of post-school options
- Upskilling staff so they can provide high quality, accurate information and advice to students
- Creating an Operational Group of careers leads across Feltham schools to enable more students to access events and information, in partnership with Royal Holloway University of London
- Providing students with 1:1 tailored support as necessary
- Signposting students to work experience, training and leadership development opportunities
- Working with partner organisations such as Career Ready, Spark and OxFizz to support students’ work experience, career development, and University access.
The difference we make:
- Over 1000 local students have benefitted from our careers events
- Over 300 local students have received support to develop their university or apprenticeship applications
- Over 20 students have received 1:1 NEET prevention coaching
- Over 60 students from two local schools have undertaken paid work placements
- Over 30 local students have received intensive support for their competitive university course applications
- Over 20 students from two schools attended our pilot Pre-University Preparation Weekend
- Of those who attended the ‘Bright Futures Ahead’ Community Careers event, 84% found it useful in deciding what to do with their future, and 72% discovered a new career they had never considered before
- Students who have had Career Ready mentors gave them an average score of 8.3/10 for how much they learned from them